Wisconsin Paint Horse Club
Board of Directors Meeting
December 5, 2020 via Zoom
Attendees: Sarah Durrance, Amanda Giombi-Lorenz, Brittany Johnson, Gail Johnson, Jennifer Johnson, Cindy McGinnis, Bridget Nelson, Kevin Smith, Sandy Quinn, Barb Schmidt
Absent: Katie Huffman, Barb Brunner
- Call to Order: Meeting was called to order by President Sarah Durrance at 3:06pm. Sarah thanked everyone for a great year.
- Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the previous meeting held October 18, 2020 were shared in advance. Sandy made a motion to approve the minutes. The motion was seconded by Brittany. Motion carried.
- Guest Speaker: At general meeting only.
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Report on Shows
- July Jefferson show net loss was -$135.26, which was primarily due to approximately $495 in free stalls. Cindy determined we were double charged for camping, which will give us a profit of about $890 after we are refunded by Jefferson.
- Open show net profits were $4051.00 including food stand, sponsorships, donations, and entry fees.
- MN/WI POR show net profit was $3,299.31 after all income and expenses.
- 2019-2020 Comparison: Even though our profit was not as high as the previous year, the club still was able to end 2020 with a net profit of $4,329.38. The WPHC checking account currently stands at $17,854.95. The youth account stands at $6,757.41.
- Motion by Brittany to approve Treasurer’s Report; seconded by Cindy. Motion carried.
- Report on Shows
- Committee Reports
- Youth report: No report this meeting.
- Awards: Nothing to report.
- Judges: Sarah asked prior judges about judging for Wisconsin in 2021; they agreed to judge again. Monte Ruden will get judges for MN/WI POR.
- Show Managers: Nothing to report.
- Banquet: No banquet this year.
- APHA Shows:
- May 22-23: Jefferson
- July 24-25: MN/WI POR. We have received the requested variance from APHA for having a POR out of state.
- August 21-22: Oshkosh POR.
- Open Show and Clinic: June 12th (clinic) and 13th (open show). 2021 Open Show. Sheri Upton will rent her facility to us for $350 per day and will take care of stalls. We can use food stand for free. We will have to pay $100 to drag arena. $75 if we decide to participate in Border Run show series.
- Fundraising: candy bars are paid off. Anything we make now would be profit.
- Social Media: No report this meeting.
- National Director’s Report: Nothing to report.
- 2021 Horse Shows
- May 22-23: Jefferson. No other dates are available at Jefferson.
- June 12-13: Open show at Sheri Upton’s barn.
- July 24-25: MN/WI POR membership approves.
- August 21-22: Oshkosh POR. Cap is 95 stalls, so we will need to determine the cost of adding additional stalls. Elkhorn is available that weekend, so we could possibly hold the POR there.
- September 11-12: Oshkosh is open; consider two-day, two-judge show? No dates available in Elkhorn. Will bring to general membership for consideration.
- Old Business
- Audit of financials will be done by Amanda in 2021.
- Sarah will ask general membership if they are interested in open classes for 2021 APHA shows.
- 2020 memberships will be carried over for 2021.
- New Business
- Will be requesting a bylaw change for election meeting (annual meeting) to be held in the fourth quarter of each year instead of November.
- Elections: Bridget and Barb had one-year term, which expires this year. Kevin is also up for re-election. Will be asking general membership to approve board as it currently stands.
- Board members agreed to maintain committee memberships for 2021. Katie Huffman’s last year as youth coordinator will be 2021.
- Adjournment: A motion was made by Brittany to adjourn the meeting; the motion was seconded by Gail. The motion carried, and the meeting was adjourned at 3:57pm.